Is there anything that says romantic, decadent and Valentine’s Day more than a chocolate covered strawberry? If you have a tea lover in your life than this take on that classic treat may be the perfect way to end your Valentine’s Day dinner. You could also make these for yourself in celebration of how much you love the awesomeness of you. Plus they are just about the easiest thing you could make, so come on lazy, let’s get started.
What you need:
1lb ripe strawberries
½ lb (8 oz) white chocolate
½ tsp matcha
¼ lb (4 oz) milk chocolate *optional
- Rinse the strawberries with cold water and pat dry. Set them aside and try not to eat too many during the following steps. Line a baking sheet, that will fit in the fridge, with parchment paper.
2. Coarsely chop the white chocolate into small pieces. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, to do this; place the chocolate in a metal bowl and over a saucepan of simmering water stir until it is melted and smooth. Add the matcha powder to your melted chocolate and whisk until the matcha is even throughout the chocolate and there are no lumps.
3. Holding a strawberry by the stem end, dip 2/3 of it into the chocolate/matcha mixture, let the excess chocolate drip off and set it on the parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining berries. Place the baking sheet into the fridge and allow the chocolate to set for at least 30 min.
4. (*Optional) To create the contrasting decoration melt the milk chocolate the same way that you melted the white chocolate. Take a fork, dip it into the milk chocolate and drizzle it over the chocolate covered strawberries.
- Keep covered in the refrigerator. They will keep for up to 3 days.
Have a great Valentine’s Day!